MANILA, Philippines — Actress Yen Santos has opened up in her debut vlog on her YouTube channel, addressing long-standing rumors and speaking candidly about her past relationship.
On Wednesday, Santos released a video titled “Questions I Am Desperate to Answer,” where she directly described her previous relationship as a “nightmare.”
“It was such a huge blessing that it ended. A big blessing that I woke up from that nightmare and walked away — because it really wasn’t worth it,” she said.
“It wasn’t worth wasting my time and energy on someone who was controlling and manipulative.”
While she did not name anyone, actor Paolo Contis had confirmed a relationship with Santos in January 2023. Their romance was widely scrutinized by the public amid speculation of an overlap with Contis’ previous partner, LJ Reyes. Contis later clarified that he and Santos got together after Reyes had already left the country with their child.
Santos admitted that despite once trying to justify the relationship, she knew deep down that people had been hurt by her decisions.
“To those I hurt during that time, I’m so sorry. I have no excuse. I was wrong. I made a mistake.”
The actress also used the vlog to address a long-standing rumor linking her to former Ilocos Sur governor Luis “Chavit” Singson.
Asked to name one false rumor about her, Santos responded, “Okay, about the rumor that Manong Chavit and I have a child together — guys, that’s not our child. That’s my brother. He’s my youngest sibling.”
Santos, 32, clarified that Singson is a good family friend and the godfather of her youngest brother. She said the rumor began early in her career and continues to resurface on platforms like TikTok, with people now claiming the alleged child is already 11 years old.
“When I was new, and I didn’t know how to handle it. ‘Should I speak up? Should I defend myself?’ I was really hurt. It was painful that a child was being dragged into an issue that wasn’t even true.”
Today, however, Santos said she has learned to laugh off the rumor. In fact, she even suggested to her team that they create content featuring Singson to finally put the issue to rest.
In summary, Santos said she is now open to discuss controversies that involved her in the past because she was able to reflect and learn from what happened.
“Right now, I’m at peace, and for me that’s one of the most important things I have,” she assured her fans.


Be the first to comment