Torre draws applause in SONA

I show You how To Make Huge Profits In A Short Time With Cryptos!

President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. teased Philippine National Police Chief Nicolas “Nick” Torre III as a new “boxing champion,” referring to his walkover victory in the charity boxing match on Sunday against Davao City Acting Mayor Sebastian “Baste” Duterte.

“Let’s also include our new champion, PNP Chief Nick Torre. Chief PNP was surprised,” Mr. Marcos quipped during his fourth State of the Nation Address, aligning him to Philippine sports legends.

He also cited sports legends and rising stars such as Senator Manny Pacquiao, Hidilyn Diaz, Caloy Yulo, EJ Obiena, Nesthy Petecio, Alex Eala, and Paralympians Jerrold Mangliwan, Cendy Asusano, Angel Mae Otom, and Ernie Gawilan as role models for aspiring athletes.

Torre ended up as the winner by default in the boxing match that the PNP organized after Baste, the youngest son of former president Rodrigo Duterte, publicly dared the police chief to engage him in a combat sport.

“I have a lot of work and this is not worth responding to,” Torre said when asked if he would still entertain a future challenge from the mayor, who fled to Singapore with his family last Friday.

Torre declined further discussion, stating that all had been said and done, and that continued attention to Baste’s statements about rescheduling the match would be illogical.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*